Where can you go to find diverse books? Right here. Each of these sites offers lists of diverse titles. Our list of sites is not exhaustive, and we welcome suggestions of current, active sites that provide diverse book lists.
African, African American
- The School Library Journal is the world’s largest reviewer of books, multimedia, and technology for children and teens.
- The Rainbow Project is a product of the American Library Assocation’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Round Table (GLBTRT) and Social Responsibilities Round Table (SSRT). The Rainbow List is a bibliography of books with significant gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender content, and which are aimed at youth, birth through age 18.
- Colorin Colorado is the premier national website serving educators and families of English language learners (ELLs) in Grades PreK-12. They are supported by the American Federation of Teachers and the National Education Association.
- The Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC) is a unique examination, study and research library of the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The CCBC is committed to identifying excellent literature for children and adolescents and bringing this literature to the attention of those adults who have an academic, professional or career interest in connecting young readers with books.
- This site is connected to the Smithsonian’s Asian Pacific American Center
- This list is produced by the Children’s Literature and Reading Special Interest Group of the International Reading Association.